The Cornell NanoScale Science & Technology Facility Newsletter is available in PDF format -- just follow the links below.
Click here to get your free Adobe Reader Program, Adobe Acrobat Reader. OR If you would like either a hard copy of the newsletter or an emailed PDF, contact Ms. Melanie-Claire Mallison and let her know you'd like to be put on our mailing OR email list to receive the NanoMeter!
Welcome to the 2016 Spring Edition NanoMeter, Table of Contents
CNF IN THE NEWS
- Physicists Turn Toward Heat to Study Electron Spin
- Creativity Leads to Measuring Ultrafast, Thin Photodetector
- First Self-Assembled Superconductor Structure Created
- 2016 CNF Annual Meeting, Save the Date!
- Cornell Looks to Make PARADIM Shift with $25M NSF Grant
- New Etching Process for Magnetic RAM Developed by CNF and Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology
- Graduate Students Aim to Make Nanotech Fun, Accessible for Kids
CNF CAPABILITIES & TOOLS
- Advanced Nanoparticle Fabrication and ALD Coating Capabilities Introduced to CNF
- Coming Soon: Pre-Cast Photosensitive Epoxy Sheets
- Bruker Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- CNF’s FIRST® Junior LEGO® League Expo
- 2015 CNF Annual Meeting Wrap Up
- 2015 CNF Annual Meeting Award Winners!
- NNUN / NNIN REU Epilogue by Dr. Lynn Rathbun
CNF COMMUNITY NEWS
- ECE Professor Emeritus Ed Wolf named as 2015 National Academy of Inventors Fellow
- Barrier-Breaking Physicist Clears Path for Solar Power
- Alumni Lead Biotech Startup GeneWEAVE to Successful Acquisition
- REMINDER! CNF User Wiki
- 2015 CNF REU Matthew Devlin
- Collaborative Publication in Biomedical Optics Express
- Ngai Joins Z-Senz LLC
- Esch & Shuler Win Prize for Animal-Free Science
- Nine Cornell Faculty Named ‘Most Influential’ Researchers
- Volunteers from Angstron Materials Exhibit at TechFest 2016
- Ober Named AAAS Fellow
June CNF TCN Announcement
For this issue of the CNF NanoMeter: The cover image is from the article by Ryan Badman on page 11. The inside background is a research image by 2015 CNF REU Intern, Andrew King. Find Andrew’s full report at http://nnin.org/reu/past-years/2015-nnin-reu-program. Article images were provided by Cornell Chronicle, the authors and or the researchers. All other photographs are credited as shown -- or if uncredited, were taken by Don Tennant.
Photograph & Format Credits
The CNF NanoMeter is published twice a year and is formatted by Melanie-Claire Mallison. She welcomes your comments at [email] The NanoMeter is printed on 30% post-consumer paper using soy-based inks. Please reduce, reuse, recycle!
CNF_2015NMv24n1.pdf •• CNF_2015NMv24n2.pdf •• 2014CNFnm_V23N1.pdf •• 2014CNFnm_V23N2.pdf
2012CNFnmV21N1.pdf (35th Anniversary Issue)
Spring 2007, 30th Anniversary Edition
Special Issue on New Capabilities, 2004
First Issue of the NanoMeter,
Back to Top