Cornell NanoScale Facility 2018 Annual Meeting, Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Poster Session & Corporate Soiree, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., Duffield Hall Atrium
PLEASE NOTE THE $30 ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION FEE IS WAIVED FOR ALL CNF-RESEARCH-RELATED POSTER PRESENTERS!
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW DAY AND DATE FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING!
Thank you for registering to attend this year's CNF Annual Meeting! And thank you especially for offering to present a poster*. The CNF Poster Session & Corporate Soiree will be held on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3rd, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., in the Duffield Hall Atrium. This is a professional, technical
meeting, so please dress appropriately and respectfully for the event.
(* All posters must be related to research performed at the Cornell NanoScale Facility or represent a Cornell center or department. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY POSTER.)
:: POSTERS MUST NOT BE MORE THAN FORTY-EIGHT (48) INCHES WIDE -- THANK YOU! ::
1. To increase your chances of winning a poster award (certificate and $$), we include poster summary information in the proceedings. (NOT AN ABSTRACT, JUST INFORMATION)
2. The information below is due to Ms. Melanie-Claire Mallison by WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th!
CNF Project # (OR "NA")
Author(s) (Poster Presenter first please)
Principal Investigator (OR "NA")
Affiliation(s) (Department, Institution/Corporation)
Email addresses for author(s) and Principal Investigator
NO ABSTRACT OR IMAGES, JUST THE REQUESTED INFORMATION!
Please email your poster information to Melanie-Claire and add your LAST NAME FIRST to the subject line -- BY WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th!!
- POSTERS MUST NOT BE MORE THAN FORTY-EIGHT (48) INCHES WIDE -- THANK YOU!
- It is fine for you to present a poster previously presented at another meeting or site visit as long as it has to do with recent and original work performed at the CNF. But whether creating a new poster or presenting a 'used' poster, please be sure to include CNF's logo and read the instructions and recommendations below.
- Posters will be numbered and you'll need to put your poster up TO THE RIGHT of your number. Melanie-Claire will let you know your number well ahead of time.
- Poster set-up is from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
-- Please arrive ON TIME and remember to find your assigned number!!
(Not early!!! Just on time.....)
presenters should be available to answer questions during the entire
session, so stay with your poster as much as possible between 5:00 p.m.
to 7:00 p.m. We know you may want to take a look at other research, but
please donít completely abandon your poster to do so.
- The layout of your poster is left up to your discretion, although we have some recommendations:
- 1. Please display the CNF logo somewhere on your poster. Find the
logo at: http://www.cnf.cornell.edu/cnf5_publication.html
- 2. Put your title at the top of the poster in large (1" high)
letters. Putting the title at the top means people walking by will be
able to see what your research is about even if you are already talking
to someone else. (In other words, your body won't block people's view
of your title...)
- 3. Also, put your full name, email address and phone number in
large type at the top of your poster. This will ensure that interested
company recruiters can get back to you. AND for the poster cash awards,
judges can figure out who you are!
- Prepare the poster so that an informed
viewer can understand what your research is about without talking to
you. This is important because you can only talk to a few people at a
time and many more may be evaluating you from afar to figure out whether
or not to come closer.
- BTW, all of the above sounds really obvious,
but frankly, you'd be surprised at some of the posters we've seen over
the years..... ; )
:: Thank you again! ::
CNF Public Relations Associate
Back to Top